Monday, May 21, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to the rawl street journal. it has been decided that a new blog needed to be created to fulfill the needs of our family and friends. Feel free to look at the rules posted to the right because if you fail to follow them we will not hesitate from blocking you. We hope you enjoy!

94 comments:

Allan said...

This blog was put together with much assistance from Farcles. I hope all of you will feel free to participate.

My first comment: Have any of you noticed that Mitt Romney looks like your generic weatherman?

Amy F said...

What's wrong with weathermen?

Okay... really dumb question. But there is nothing generally wrong with the LOOKS of most weathermen.

I would use the word "stately." "Presidential," perhaps.

I'm glad Rawl Street is here. I can't wait to see what kind of rawlness exists here.

Christene said...

Is halfwit Uncle Allan?

Allan said...

Yup. I am glad to see such quick responses. Very promising. Christene, thank you so much for the Brandstown info. I think we will not be packing swimsuits, but lots of rain gear. I am excited. I have not been in a decent thunderstorm since we left Kentucky.
Todd and Farcles were able to get permission to take early finals, and they are busy trying to get end of semester work done. Not great timing for kids in school.

Amy F said...

I just noticed the picture at the bottom. Where did that come from??

Aaron Joseph said...

You guys need to put some pics. lol :) omg I g2g ttfn ;O

how many strikes was that?

farcles said...

I knew this would happen
good bye AJ

Amy F said...

the picture is the obelisk from 2001 space odyssey...my favorite movie :)

oh, i'm paul (posting as amy since i am unloved by the rawl street journal) could someone send these rawlers my email so they don't have an excuse for not showing me any love?

Matt said...

Dang! Paul beat me to it. I knew what it was when I saw the picture too, dad!

That sounded too much like sucking-up. Time to counter-balance...

Dad, you are just jealous that Romney has great hair. I am too for that matter...

Matt said...

Did I mention that "Rawl Street Journal" is the most fantastic name in the world for a Risenmay blog?

Allan said...

I have to admit that Todd came up with "The Rawl Street Journal" name. I wish I could take credit for it.
I should have added hair jokes to the blog rules.
Paul-2001 is the best religious movie ever made- except for "Saturday's Warriors," of course. I think you have our esteemed invitation now.

Amy F said...

"Rawl Street Journal" is, indeed, quite rawl.

Dad... will you list a few more of your favorite sci-fi movies??

Do you know I can still repeat the entire opening of "Star Trek: The Next Generation?"

Matt... can you??

AJ... was that past your time??

Allan said...

Did you know that Farcles kicked AJ off the Journal for 24 hr. for breaking the blog rules? Farcles is going to be a regular Blog-Nazi, so be careful. AJ is back, but he is on probation. Frandsen-we noted that you have one strike.
We will all be watching the game tonight.
Amy--my list of Favorite Si-Fi movies is too long to list here.
AJ pulled strings and bent rules so he could be with us in Brandstown. Good job guy.

Aaron Joseph said...

AHHHH..It's so nice to be back! :)

Aaron Joseph said...

How do ya like me now!!!!!!!!!!

Toddus said...

Leave it to aj to break the rules for the sake of breaking the rules. Besides, their more of... guidlines anyway. That was a "pirates" quote for anyone else who wants to see the third installment.
now if you'll excuse me, I've a Jazz game to watch.

Amy F said...

Why does Paul have a strike?? Did I miss something??

farcles said...

two strikes buddy, watch yourself!

farcles said...

that was to AJ

paul's strike is do to unautherized smileys

Amy F said...

Nazi.

farcles said...

GAME SPOILER ALERT!!
***********************************
























poo

Allan said...

All I have to say is, Sarah had better not schedule her little talent show for Saturday night.
We have our car packed. We are out of town as soon as the guys are through at 2:50.
We can't wait to see all of you guys.

Aaron Joseph said...

What happened to my Jazz. I'm depressed. Sorry farcles, the only thing that can make me happy after a horrible game is pain and suffering for you, from me. I can't personally do it here in Eugene, so maybe this will do the trick.

:( :) ;) :o :>) lol jk lof g2g omg ttl

Don't judge me.

Matt said...

A.J.! How dare you!!! This is madness!!!

Amy,

"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the spaceship Enterprise... Their mission: To explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before...." (theme song and Enterprise going to warp 9)

Did I get it right? It has been a while...

Amy F said...

I looked it up, and I was just a bit off here and there, too. But I think we would both pass as being considered "scarred" with a Star Trek upbringing.

"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. It's continuing mission: To explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before."

I know you are now singing in your head. Go ahead... you know the tune...

Happy Birthday, dad. We are all humming the Star Trek Theme Song in honor of you!

Allan said...

Humming the Star Trek theme song? You should be humming " Also sprach Zarathustra," right Paul? Although you may get some strange looks when you humm the timpani parts.

Toddus said...

I am glad I was born when I was.

Matt said...

You missed out Todd. Big hair bands (I still recall Guns & Roses at their peak and som Bon Jovi hits in the 80's). Pegged jeans. Amy's sweet middle-school hair... you missed out big time.

Amy F said...

Don't ever bring my middle school hair up on this blog. It should count as a strike. Farcles, do I have your support on that one??

Mary Ann said...

If I Slip-Up will I get a mark against me, or kicked off. Happy Birthday late Halfwit. sorry I was in the deep south of Mississippi where only craw fish own cell phones and the shrimp talk. No service down there. No cat turd's too eat either. If Mitt Romney can't remember if he ever hunted and own a hunting premit not sure if he is the right guy for the white house, I think the white house should be painted another color like red or yellow any way, nothing pure or sacred lives there any more. As for the title Raw Street, it is better then Rank Street.Halfwit U need to count the hairs left on your head and see how many you still have at 56 years old. hehehee. Glad 2 know U think of my room as sort of a shrin and not an antique . As long as the shrine has no pictures of me in a casket YET. I'm too young to die. There are missions and xplorations for older folks Halfwit, remember Cocoon. Came home to one dead racoon stinking the high heavens. left marshmellows in the cage because the stinken racoon had dug up and eaten all 4 rolls of my corn, 6 tomatoe plants and dug up most of my onions while I was road tripping out west. I know this was pay back for getting you to buy my white corn and planting it but set the trap while going south and one stiff coon was waiting for us. Made Wes get it cause I was to busy gagging a magget.Keep them stright MARC, somebody needs too. I miss yall much.

Allan said...

Mary Ann-I am ONLY 55, not 56. Just because you are so old that you can't count any more, means that you can get away with that one.

Mary Ann said...

like I said HALFWIT if U count the hairs on your head now next year when you turn 56 you will know how many you lost and have left-thus letting you know how many hairs you lose each year of your life...

Do I need to call you in person to explain . After 6 kid and Me it is a wonder you have any left at all.

Aaron Joseph said...

When is paul going to leave a comment.

Mary Ann, it's about time you chime in.

Farcles, we need pictures or this blog will go down the drain.

Matt said...

I don't understand anything Mary Ann is talking about.

Mary Ann said...

Well Matt, just go blow something up . ----!

farcles said...

I'm waiting for them branson pictures to come in.

matt, you aren't alone.

Aaron Joseph said...

Mary ann, that is the worst word-to-substance ratio I have ever read from a comment.

Matt said...

Well, put A.J., but don't be surprised if Mary Ann tans your hide the next time she sees you for that comment...

and where is your Jazz rant? Still recovering?

Aaron Joseph said...

What Jazz???? I have no recolection.

Aaron Joseph said...

jazz

Aaron Joseph said...

jazz

Aaron Joseph said...

lblblblblbl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron Joseph said...

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):

Aaron Joseph said...

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Aaron Joseph said...

jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk j kj jk jk jk jk jk jk jk

Aaron Joseph said...

;0 ;0 ;0 ;0 ;0 ;0 ;0 ;0 ;0 ;0 ;0 ;0

Aaron Joseph said...

sorry I had to take it out on you farcles.

Aaron Joseph said...

dont judge me

Toddus said...

I'm glad I wasn't there in person for that nervous breakdown. To be able to relate your wild and confused state over the internet, I'm sure that one was a doozy or however you spell it.
Anywho, school is a day away from being over here in Ontario. foozball camp is coming up, and this year will be rough. were playing 5A schools. It'll be good for us.

Toddus said...

For some reason I feel like I didn't give aj's outburst the proper heckling. shame on you aj, shame.

Toddus said...

I will let farcle regulate.

Amy F said...

Who says we can't forgive a little ranting. It is justified and understandable, after all. Please don't kick AJ off... I vote he should stay. Puh-lease, Farc???

Todd and Marc... puh-lease keep us in the loop about the upcoming football season. I was woefully un-informed last season, and would love to keep up with how things go this year.

Mary Ann.. you know you are considered family when you dish it out and have to take it like this. We love you! ps... I sent you another invite to our blog b/c I heard you couldn't get on for some reason. Did it work???

Mary Ann said...

Farkles, don't kick AJ off just make him write I'm sorry Mary Ann 50 time's ok. That shoud do it. Way to go Toddus, just wish I could be out too see some of your games. Didn't U all hear that Romney said he had been hunting. They cought him in a little white lie. He had only been in the back yard shooting pop guns hahahaha.

Amy , I can get in now thanks just have been so busy and haven't looked for a few weeks. Amy loves you is my favorit all time pass W. just got home from Mississippi, still in recovery. Love you Amy. Miss U tons.

Matt, what part of a dead racoon did U not understand and destroying my garden and well fliberty gibbet. U all are starting to act like MEAN STREET. I would hate to have to chew U up and spit U out. When You come home to Kentucky I will strighten you all out. Bring it on KY. can take it.
Farkle's make Aj and Matt repent....
AJ, I have a bathroom up in the horse barn, ya might have to check out.

Matt said...

What did she say?

Amy F said...

Matt... what part of fliberty gibbet do you not understand?? Honestly, you call yourself a country boy, but you can't even understand the natives??

Mary Ann... I miss you too! How is Wes' mom? I hope your visit was bearable, perhaps even enjoyable. I hope you got some good bonding in with Wes' family.

AJ... never fear. I just saw the schedule for BYU football... starting September 1. Paul and I figure that with the UCLA game and the San Diego State game... we might just get to go to 2 BYU FOOTBALL GAMES!!!!!!!

That's enough to raise anyone's spirits!

Amy F said...

Farcles... are you going to invite Paul Francypants to this here blog, or what???

Amy F said...

Where's my beloved halfwit??

farcles said...

AJ,
you have to send everyone an e-mail saying you are sorry for the annoyances you have forced on us all.

Amy
what's paul's e-mail address, we would love to have him.

next year will be a great year for both BYU and Ontario football

paul said...

the discrimination has ended ;)

Amy F said...

new post about branson and its joys...with lots of pictures!

Allan said...

Make sure you check out Amy's pictures and comments on her blog. They are priceless. Thanks, Amy.

Allan said...

Now, a couple of comments about Branson. It was wonderful to see everyone. Some of time I spent with you, and especially the grandchildren, make all of the really strange parts of the reunion worth it.
It was sad that we missed out on so many of the attractions. I was not able to see a single Elvis impersonator. I feel really ripped off. However, I was treated to a van ride that I am sure was much more exciting than the roller coaster.
But....
!. Next reunion we need to find a way to not spend $$$$$$$$ and three days on planes and in cars and vans for two days together.
2. We need to consider that some families have students that have finals at the end of May.
3. Holiday weekends are not a great time for reunions, especially in a place that has such an inadequate highway system.
4. A cole slaw and potato salad dinner? I want meat!
5. Was that really Sara Monday, or her evil twin?
Sorry about all of the negatives The boat was fun, and it was great to see a real rain storm again.

Mary Ann said...

Guess I was lucky 2 fly out west early 2 see yall. I 2 would have hated to of missed ELVIS. Halfwit we are getting a major thunderstorm right now and the rumbling is getting louder and louder so I am typing fast. WE have meat for U here in KY. called COUNTRY HAM.
Amy, I miss U sooooo much, the trip to Mississippi was rough and hard work but worth it for Wes's Mom. She was greatful and I was able to get closer to Linda his sister I realy love. I was the only spouse to help and thats ok. Wes's one sister did not come nor help split $ so Wes and his sister Linda divided her part. His 2 bro's helped also. Gotta go the winds are high, rain is pouring and lighting flashing.

Allan said...

Mary Ann, we still have a couple of pieces of counry ham in the fridge. I wondered if it was still safe. I couldn't find an expiration date. Does this explain the fetid smell when you cook it?

Aaron Joseph said...

Mary Ann, Dad is right. I still have that smell in my nose after all these weeks.

Farcles, if you don't get some pictures on this blog, you'll feel it this weekend (I might come down this weekend on a job hunt). You've got nothing to do now that school is out.

Amy that rocks that you will see a couple of byu games, even though they are going to get flattened by ucla. Oh well, I expect Ucla to do the same to the ducks. Maybe if Oregon loses by a smaller margin than byu, I can restart the "who has the more dominant program" argument with paul. I'm still fired up.

Matt said...

A.J., for the sake of family relations, that debate is forbidden. Please beat Marc very hard if there are no new pictures by this weekend. Beat Todd even harder for lack of participation in the fam blog.

Mary Ann, we are going to KY next summer. All of us.

Allan said...

I vote for KY. I want to see some green trees, horses, and black fencesl, Wess and MA's house and new stable, my running lake, and the branch. I do not want to see our house.l I can't believe they killed all of our trees. What would Nephi think?

farcles said...

I vote KY
we don't know where the camera is so we can't take any pictures so in the meantime all we can do is look.

paul said...

i'm still fired up, but i'm confidently close-minded :P on the subject and would prefer not to continue that topic of discussion.

Matt said...

I must get tickets for the BYU vs. Lobo's slaughter this year. Thanks for reminding me!

Aaron Joseph said...

Hey, sporting news ranked byu in the top 25! I hope they're right. I think byu will probably have a mediocre 9-3 season, but I wouldn't put it past them to go 11-1, losing only to UCLA. They play tcu and utah in provo, and I just don't see them losing the easy ones this year. Byu needs to join the PAC 10! Especially if they beat Arizona and Ucla.

I was pretty po'ed about their tv schedule though. What the lbloblbl!!!! Every game is on either "VS" or "The MTN"! Nobody has those stupid channels, and I know people will want to see the byu vs ucla game. or at least the byu vs utah game.

Once again, byu gets the shaft on tv packages...

Aaron Joseph said...

What does everyone predict out of our cougars next year? I want to hear it.

Also, I predict the ducks going 8-4, and winning their bowl game and sliding into the top 25 in the last rankings.

Aaron Joseph said...

Sorry to keep posting, but surprise surprise, Oregon was voted to have the worst jersies in college football. Other top 10 selections were utah and airforce.

I remember a few years back when byu topped the bad jersey charts. Maybe we'll get our act together.

Allan said...

Everyone remember that today is Matt's b-day?
Amy and Paul: You have inspired us. We are renting "24" videos, and we were going to restrict ourselves to watch only two episodes a day. Watched 4 last night! I especially liked the severed head rolling out of the handbag.
Todd and Farcles are at a stake campout this week. After all of the hot weather we have been having it got down to 48 deg. here. I am sure it got just a little colder in the mountains.

Matt said...

A.J., the mountain west conference actually hired a big-shot lawer and are pushing for the "Mountain" channel to sign a satellite deal. Still not the best, but BYU and Utah especially are pushing for this as their fan base exceeds the direct region. I wish the whole nation could have seen the BYU-Utah game last year!

Thanks for the B-day reminder, Dad. I am going to spend my whole day working, then go to my Bishop's house with all of the other lonely guys that have wifes at camp to play games and watch the finals.

Amy F said...

Matt... more manliness, huh?

Dad... so good to hear you are 24 junkies. Which season are you watching?? I actually recommend pulling some late nights with 24 and watching an entire season in a few days. Aaahhhh... those were the days... before we had kiddos to wake us up at the (butt)crack of dawn.

But seriously... 24 marathons are the best. I think I'm going to refrain from watching next season until it comes out on DVD. Waiting a week between each episode is painfully anti-climactic.

AJ... we have Versus. Eat your heart out for the few games we'll get to see! Oh, and don't forget the UCLA and San Diego game. Gonna be a good season. I'll predict 10-2.

I remember BYU's "bad uniform" year... the jerseys looked like bibs. It seems like the classic styles are always the best. But bravo to the ducks for trying to make the most of two colors that shouldn't be seen together on clothing... green and yellow. Can't blame them for trying.

Allan said...

Amy, the boys are on a camp out this week, and so we decided that today is our 24 marathon. Val came home this AM with about a foot of DVDs, and are undergoing a 24 adrenolin overdose. I had to take my usual 2PM nap (drugs!), and Val went on!! I am now waiting for her to finish her DVD so I can start on 9AM. I don't know how you guys waited until the next week, let alone the next season for each episode. I am upset because I have to wait an hour. I am blaming all of this on you and Paul.
Now, considering football jersey colors, the mighty ducks have no problem. How about Wyoming? Brown and gold? The last time I saw those colors together...... (sorry)

Amy F said...

Dad... which season is it you are watching??

I can understand brown. But gold? What are YOU eating???

Allan said...

I am up to 4:00 pm. I am almost in a panic. How can I watch this year's episodes?
I eat a lot of multivitamines

Allan said...

Comments about 24:
How does everyone get around LA so fast?
Since when did $10 pay for a cab?
Everyone can type on their computer faster than Paul F. Wow!
Jack does a lot of CPR--actually CR. Does he have a problem with the "P" part?
Would anyone in LA ever pick up a stranger, even if they looked like they are in trouble?

Amy F said...

what i want to know is why none of the pc's on 24 ever crash. it's unheard of...

Allan said...

It takes us 20 minutes to drive to WalMart here in Ontario, unless it is the rush hour. The last time I was in LA it took us 30 min. to get out of your driveway.

Maybe the next "24" could be more realistic: A worldwide cartel attempts to control the world's onion prices, holding Ontario hostage by threatening to blow up the Snake River bridge, eliminating our only access to Idaho, and therefore, the world.
And notice, Amy, most of the computers on 24 are Macs. That would easily explain the absence of computers crashing.

farcles said...

Todd and I are back from aaronic priesthood camp. it was a very spiritual experience for me because it is set up like a mission with zones and districts and waking up early for personal/companion scripture study and lots of praying. of course I don't know how many missionaries go white water rafting like we did. as for 24, please don't talk about due to the fact that I have still only seen the third season.

Allan said...

You should have seen your brothers at Sac. Mtg. today. Just before the sacrament song, Bishop Jensen announced that the youth speackers would be the 4 guys from our ward who went to the campout, which included Marc and Todd. A bit of a surprise to them! They both did a terrific job, telling about how, in addition to the white water rafting, hiking, the theme of the campout was prayer. They both were able to share powerful testamonies about prayer, and what they were able to gain by having a week with an emphasis on prayer. They were in a beautiful forested area near McCall, and were able to spend some time by themselves. They looked like a couple of missionaries up there.
I wish there was another word than proud, because we not supposed to be that way, but, heck, I couldn't help it.
It evidently wasn't all prayer and meditation. They were sunburned, Marc's shoes were bound up with duck tape (as they say in KY), and they have been catching up on a lot of sleep today.

Allan said...

Oh, I have to tell you this one: This morning, Val and the boys got and fixed me a terrific Father's Day breakfast of hash brown, eggs, sausage. Really good. I told them that I had a big surprise for them, but I wasn't going to tell them until after breakfast. The big surprise, of course, was that today wasn't Father's Day. They made me do the dishes. Not really, but they told me to not expect much next week.

Aaron Joseph said...

I'll be there next weekend, and expect something rawl from us boys come fathers day.

Aaron Joseph said...

Oh, and good job at church Farcles and Todd. Nothing like those improv talks. I hope you guys have pictures to post on your blog.

Amy F said...

Yes, some pictures on this here blog would be nice. I know Farcles has the knack for that one, and Toddus I'm sure does too.

Dad... every day should be Father's Day, don't you think? Sounds like a nice surprise.

Todd and Marc... glad you were able to have such a great experience. I love times like that... when everything is so clear and simple. It really is the fundamentals of the gospel, like prayer, that make it all so real and worthwhile. I'm glad you were both able to step up to the pulpit, too. Sounds a little unnerving.

So ya'll still haven't answered the question about WHICH SEASON you have been watching????? Remind me of the "crisis" they are thwarting.

Allan said...

24L I am way behind. I just ffinished the first series 24 last night. What an ending! Lesson: never trust a woman. We are starting the second series now. What am I going to do when we are up to this year, and we won't be able to get the DVDs?

Matt said...

Anj and I got to hang with squall dude a couple of days ago at the brick oven. Very good time. He does check blogs, but never writes anything. He looks like he is doing well. This is the second time in about a month I was able to hang with him. Last time I went to his pad, grabbed a greasy burrito with him at some little mexican joint at midnight, and proceeded to stay up till 3:00 watching the edited version of Braveheart. It was a sweet reminder of the college scene.

New post needed.

Matt said...

I need to find my way to Eugene somehow...

farcles said...

A new post is needed.

Allan said...

They will not let you into Eugene, unless you remove all plastic shopping bags from your car, and proclaim your allegience to Hilliary.

Mary Ann said...

KENTUCKY rules.