You know, I've always been ashamed of that picture. But perhaps that was just because it was in the family room. Now that it is in the living room, it doesn't look so bad.
Conference opinions? Elder Holland-powerful dileneation of our position on the Godhead and how it has strong scriptural/historical support. Elder Scott-real religion=science=truth. Billions and billions. I thought for a minute I was listening to Carl Sagan. I love how he speaks-it just resonates in me somehow. Pres. Eyring-an inspiring combination of humility with confidence. Be careful when you pick up the phone and someone says: "I have Pres. Hinckley on the line. Will you please hold?" Lots of foreign accents this conference. I am sure Paul F. sat up with the Filipino greeting. A moving John Longhurst farewell performance.
i too loved elder scott's talk. it feels so good to know that our church is built on the pursuit of truth in all its forms.
i enjoyed elder eyring's recounting of harold b lee conducting a meeting according to the spirit in his press conference. elder eyring's priesthood session talk was also personally useful.
elder oaks was a good thoughtful reminder to me about the importance of using my time wisely...and i will need to read elder bednar's talk again as i dosed off a few times during conference...sorry matt. i know he was your president for a while..:)
I was able to set a lot of personal goals from the words of Sr. Beck and Elder Oaks. This time with my precious little ones is so short... my influence can be so great, and they are my "best" priority!
I loved President Eyring... and could not feel better about his calling into the First Presidency. It is exciting to me in many ways.
Wasn't the scene with Elder Worthlin receiving sustaining help from Elder Nelson touching?
Elders Holland and Ballard combined to give a commanding defense of our church as Christian and... uh, true.
Musical favorite: Where can I turn for Peace? (just hit a tender spot for me)
I love conference, and truly feel rejuvenated by the weekend. We were lucky to have Paul home for the whole weekend, too! What a treat.
Any chance we could post a conference-y picture in honor of our prophet and apostles??
Mary Ann, I am afraid that if I told you to go outside and look for the space shuttle that you wouldn't believe me, and I would get a good Kentucky cussin' out. I don't remember Matt's catsup-foot incident. Can someone remind me?
Matt U are in charge of refreshing U'r dad on Disney World and the past. AJ so once again I am still the butt of the family history laughs. Thats ok U would not have turned out so well if it were not for the Mary Ann right. I'm still not going to set with you on any rides ever. But then again you can no longer fold your leggs up in the seat so the aliens can get U now too.I want to know about the ESPN too. I do belive in the space shuttle Allan and if I were Trump I would have already gone up to the moon . But Slip-UP is way too far from the moon so guess I'll stay here on earth but I could I would be the first to go, Mabe when I'm 70 I still get to go uh.
Believe it or not, those weren't real aliens. I know they seemed real, but they were less alive than Trump himself.
Dad,
The ketchup incident was an elaborate scheme to convince Mary Ann that she had unwittingly caused me great harm when trying to play a joke.
Mary Ann stole my flip flops at the hotel we were staying at. You had seen her commit this treachery, and convinced me to go get some ketchup and spread it all over my foot, wrap it in a paper towel, and limp into the room with the fabricated story of having stepped on a shard of glass.
You then proceeded to act surprised as you examined my foot, proclaiming it would need several stitches, and then began to scold me for not having on any footwear out of doors, to which I replied through pretended tears of hurt and fear that, "I just couldn't find them! I think someone stole them! I looked everywhere they could have been!"
Mary Ann was listening in the background. She can tell you how it made her feel, as she quickly went to retrieve the flip-flops and hand them over apologetically, with very real tears in her eyes, and then discover it was all a fabrication.
We need to fix the paul/paul confusion. You need to add initials or something. So far, the only way we can tell the difference is that Frandsypants doesn't use capital letters.
Family update: 1. Mom was with us Fri-Mon, and got back safely 2. Todd and Farcles both played in winning homecoming games: JV 56-0 Varsity 52-7 3. Todd had a DATE for homecoming: rollerskateing in Boise, dinner, and of course the dance. Todd's date? A real babe! 4. Farcles and Todd wore KY shirts monday in honor of the game Sat. 5. Mary Ann is fired up to be in Albuquerque next week. 6. We are all anticipating some exciting news soon from Albuquerque. 7. Kelly R. (Ralph's son) had surgery d/t a double football injury to a thumb. Pin placement. Bad timing during spud harvest. 8. Nathan's son (can't remember name: 5-year-old) just had surgery for undescended testicle. 9. Val's Thurs, Fri, Sat downtown Ontario women's boutique up and running-she is having loads of fun with it. 10. Val also has a new 4-5 hr/week supervisory-consultant position with Heart-'n-Home Hospice. With full health benefits-a real blessing there! 11. California Frandsen kids sick and projecting. She said she did three loads of wash last night. 12. Flu/head colds going through our family. Todd sick, home from school today. 13. We had catheads and sausage gravy yesterday for breakfast. I haven't seen this much cholesterol since the last time we were in Slipup. 14. Matt is going bald.
Paul R. would be enough to tell the difference. And Paul R... it is exciting to see you here. I hope you make your presence known much more in the times to come...
And Frandseypants... would you PLEASE change that stinkin' picture??
Thanks for the update, dad. Perhaps you could do that for us ever week or so... since the boys never tell us about their games, and it is hard to keep up with extended family news...
Matt... you aren't bald yet... we all know bald when we see it. BaldING is the appropriate name perhaps?? Although you might not ever be truly bald. Perhaps it will be a lifelong state of baldING.
Good luck with the next man-child. Any day now, huh??
Marc is a maggott. Farcles, unleash the new blog. What in the lblblbl are you waiting for.
Matt, I am struggling with the same problem. If you keep it short and trim off your "wings", it shouldn't look too bad. All I remember was your glorious Christmas haircut.
I do not have a comb or brush in my bathroom. I prefer to coif my hair with a washcloth. I also save a lot on hair gel. Thank goodness for my LaBomba hat.
I am just waiting for two glorious videos to appear on this blog, but a couple of young Risenmays are not keeping their promises. UNLEASH THE NEW POSTS!!!
STOP YELLING AT ME!! AJ didn't even send it until wendsday night when I was in bed, I had a game thursday and school work. plus I don't know how to post videos from youtube. I would have had it up by now. Believe me. it will be rawl.
So on YouTube, at the right will be a box with some of the video info. Look at "URL" and "Embed." Copy the info in the Embed box and paste it into the text of your new post. Voila!
Glad you are spending time on good things! Update us on your football games, won't you??
Do hurry... I feel nauseated each time I check this blog...
32 comments:
now whenever we have any visitors they will be able to see our beautiful family, mullet and all.
You know, I've always been ashamed of that picture. But perhaps that was just because it was in the family room. Now that it is in the living room, it doesn't look so bad.
Amazing what a little good lighting can do.
Conference opinions?
Elder Holland-powerful dileneation of our position on the Godhead and how it has strong scriptural/historical support.
Elder Scott-real religion=science=truth. Billions and billions. I thought for a minute I was listening to Carl Sagan. I love how he speaks-it just resonates in me somehow.
Pres. Eyring-an inspiring combination of humility with confidence. Be careful when you pick up the phone and someone says: "I have Pres. Hinckley on the line. Will you please hold?"
Lots of foreign accents this conference. I am sure Paul F. sat up with the Filipino greeting.
A moving John Longhurst farewell performance.
Any impressions from you guys?
i too loved elder scott's talk. it feels so good to know that our church is built on the pursuit of truth in all its forms.
i enjoyed elder eyring's recounting of harold b lee conducting a meeting according to the spirit in his press conference. elder eyring's priesthood session talk was also personally useful.
elder oaks was a good thoughtful reminder to me about the importance of using my time wisely...and i will need to read elder bednar's talk again as i dosed off a few times during conference...sorry matt. i know he was your president for a while..:)
I was able to set a lot of personal goals from the words of Sr. Beck and Elder Oaks. This time with my precious little ones is so short... my influence can be so great, and they are my "best" priority!
I loved President Eyring... and could not feel better about his calling into the First Presidency. It is exciting to me in many ways.
Wasn't the scene with Elder Worthlin receiving sustaining help from Elder Nelson touching?
Elders Holland and Ballard combined to give a commanding defense of our church as Christian and... uh, true.
Musical favorite: Where can I turn for Peace? (just hit a tender spot for me)
I love conference, and truly feel rejuvenated by the weekend. We were lucky to have Paul home for the whole weekend, too! What a treat.
Any chance we could post a conference-y picture in honor of our prophet and apostles??
???
I am thankful that you all are my adopted famlies forever.
Mary Ann... we are so glad we have you. Not many people get to choose family like we have with you! Lucky us!!
Farcles, I have a new blog entry for you, and I will send it to you tomorrow. I promise it won't disappoint. Keep checking your email.
I call it, "How I got on Espn Gameday, Uncut and Uncalled for", complete with live espn video footage.
Ya Mary Ann, when I tell my friends about my family at school, I always include my second mom, who swears in front of children at theme parks.
Mary Ann, I am afraid that if I told you to go outside and look for the space shuttle that you wouldn't believe me, and I would get a good Kentucky cussin' out.
I don't remember Matt's catsup-foot incident. Can someone remind me?
Matt... you should definitely be the one to document that story on this here blog.
AJ... I will anxiously be awaiting the ESPN footage... especially if it means a new image will greet me whenever I check this here blog.
Sounds pretty wald.
Matt U are in charge of refreshing U'r dad on Disney World and the past. AJ so once again I am still the butt of the family history laughs. Thats ok U would not have turned out so well if it were not for the Mary Ann right. I'm still not going to set with you on any rides ever. But then again you can no longer fold your leggs up in the seat so the aliens can get U now too.I want to know about the ESPN too. I do belive in the space shuttle Allan and if I were Trump I would have already gone up to the moon . But Slip-UP is way too far from the moon so guess I'll stay here on earth but I could I would be the first to go, Mabe when I'm 70 I still get to go uh.
Mary Ann... our family history is, indeed, richer because of you! The stories will be family legends for generations to come...
So where is this ESPN post, anyway... Farcles??
I am having a Urim and Thummim program installed on my computer so that I can understand MA's entries.
Mary Ann,
Believe it or not, those weren't real aliens. I know they seemed real, but they were less alive than Trump himself.
Dad,
The ketchup incident was an elaborate scheme to convince Mary Ann that she had unwittingly caused me great harm when trying to play a joke.
Mary Ann stole my flip flops at the hotel we were staying at. You had seen her commit this treachery, and convinced me to go get some ketchup and spread it all over my foot, wrap it in a paper towel, and limp into the room with the fabricated story of having stepped on a shard of glass.
You then proceeded to act surprised as you examined my foot, proclaiming it would need several stitches, and then began to scold me for not having on any footwear out of doors, to which I replied through pretended tears of hurt and fear that, "I just couldn't find them! I think someone stole them! I looked everywhere they could have been!"
Mary Ann was listening in the background. She can tell you how it made her feel, as she quickly went to retrieve the flip-flops and hand them over apologetically, with very real tears in her eyes, and then discover it was all a fabrication.
What fun.
farcles: unleash it
Farcles stopped being a little maggot and gave me access to the family blog. Who's idea was it to put something so precious in his hands?
We need to fix the paul/paul confusion. You need to add initials or something. So far, the only way we can tell the difference is that Frandsypants doesn't use capital letters.
Paul R.,
Use your picture with Ty as your avatar. That would be sweet.
I am REALLY going bald.
Family update:
1. Mom was with us Fri-Mon, and got back safely
2. Todd and Farcles both played in winning homecoming games: JV 56-0 Varsity 52-7
3. Todd had a DATE for homecoming: rollerskateing in Boise, dinner, and of course the dance. Todd's date? A real babe!
4. Farcles and Todd wore KY shirts monday in honor of the game Sat.
5. Mary Ann is fired up to be in Albuquerque next week.
6. We are all anticipating some exciting news soon from Albuquerque.
7. Kelly R. (Ralph's son) had surgery d/t a double football injury to a thumb. Pin placement. Bad timing during spud harvest.
8. Nathan's son (can't remember name: 5-year-old) just had surgery for undescended testicle.
9. Val's Thurs, Fri, Sat downtown Ontario women's boutique up and running-she is having loads of fun with it.
10. Val also has a new 4-5 hr/week supervisory-consultant position with Heart-'n-Home Hospice. With full health benefits-a real blessing there!
11. California Frandsen kids sick and projecting. She said she did three loads of wash last night.
12. Flu/head colds going through our family. Todd sick, home from school today.
13. We had catheads and sausage gravy yesterday for breakfast. I haven't seen this much cholesterol since the last time we were in Slipup.
14. Matt is going bald.
14-a. Matt IS bald.
isn't my avatar with me half-naked enough to tell me from paul...?
new post. new post.
maybe 'Paul' could use the handle 'paul michael'...
Paul R. would be enough to tell the difference. And Paul R... it is exciting to see you here. I hope you make your presence known much more in the times to come...
And Frandseypants... would you PLEASE change that stinkin' picture??
Thanks for the update, dad. Perhaps you could do that for us ever week or so... since the boys never tell us about their games, and it is hard to keep up with extended family news...
Matt... you aren't bald yet... we all know bald when we see it. BaldING is the appropriate name perhaps?? Although you might not ever be truly bald. Perhaps it will be a lifelong state of baldING.
Good luck with the next man-child. Any day now, huh??
Any day.... any hour....
Marc is a maggott. Farcles, unleash the new blog. What in the lblblbl are you waiting for.
Matt, I am struggling with the same problem. If you keep it short and trim off your "wings", it shouldn't look too bad. All I remember was your glorious Christmas haircut.
I do not have a comb or brush in my bathroom. I prefer to coif my hair with a washcloth. I also save a lot on hair gel. Thank goodness for my LaBomba hat.
That is the first time I have ever heard anyone use the term "coif my hair".
Dad you need to shave your head bald and grow a gotee.
Farcles,
Unleash it!
Todd,
Unleash it!
I am just waiting for two glorious videos to appear on this blog, but a couple of young Risenmays are not keeping their promises. UNLEASH THE NEW POSTS!!!
STOP YELLING AT ME!!
AJ didn't even send it until wendsday night when I was in bed, I had a game thursday and school work. plus I don't know how to post videos from youtube. I would have had it up by now. Believe me. it will be rawl.
please send instructions!
Oh, Farc, Farc, Farc.
So on YouTube, at the right will be a box with some of the video info. Look at "URL" and "Embed." Copy the info in the Embed box and paste it into the text of your new post. Voila!
Glad you are spending time on good things! Update us on your football games, won't you??
Do hurry... I feel nauseated each time I check this blog...
Post a Comment