Tuesday, October 2, 2007

good old kentucky

here are some pictures Mary Anne sent me.


here is the kentucky moon


Mary Anne's beautiful dog tiffany










and two sunsets


12 comments:

Amy F said...

I've been lamenting my distance from Kentucky lately... as my 10 year high school reunion is this weekend. Although I haven't really kept up with anyone from high school, I still would love to be at the get-together to reminisce and catch up. It is harder than I thought to not be able to go. ugh.

The pictures are beautiful, Mary Ann. You truly have an artist's touch.

I wonder if Tiffany likes home teachers as much as Darby did???

Matt said...

Hmmm....

Perhaps the Mary Ann "Alien Encounter" and "Bleeding Foot" incidents could be included. I could conduct the video interviews when she comes to visit in a few weeks...

Amy F said...

She = Mary Ann???

Is she coming to NM too??

No fair!!!!!!!

Amy F said...

And what's the Alien Encounter story??

Allan said...

The picure of Tiffany just makes me miss Darby.

Matt said...

Dad convinced Mary Ann that the Alien Encounter attraction at Disney was an educational presentation of futuristic space travel. It was really an attraction designed to convince people that a murderous, rampaging alien was on the loose in the "auditorium" where you were strapped into your seat and that you were its next victim. She was mad.

Aaron Joseph said...

I wont write what she was screaming on this family-friendly blog, but a few things rymed with "LBLBLBLBLBLBL!!!!!!!" if I remember it correctly.

Matt said...

You can take the girl away from the farm, but you can't take the farm away from the girl. I remember many a blblblblbl on that trip.

paul said...

i enjoyed an afternoon of home teaching with darby in the room. the risenmay boys certainly loved to keep that dog wound up...:)

Allan said...

Everyone able to go to Priesthood Mtg. tonight? As the congregation was singing "High on the Montain Top," I liked to imagine all of my boys everywhere singing along with us

I have to tell you about a little experience. After Pres. Hinckley's talk about anger and road rage, we cut and crowded and our way out of the parking lot because Todd's math teacher told them theat the shuttle would be going directly over at 8:20 pm. We wanted to get to a place without street lights or trees. Todd knew about a great spot on a police shooting range. We parked, and within two minutes a cop was on our tail, spotlighting us. Here we were in our shirt/ties in an area which happens to be a spot where some "illegal activity" is common. I walked to the car, showing him my empty hands, introduced myself, and told him we were watching for the shuttle. Marc and Todd didn't look particularly threatening either, and so we talked him into turning off his lights so he could see the shuttle with us. He was so excited about it he called his wife to run outside. We saw the shuttle! It went directly over us, at first really slow, as it was orbiting, and then really fast directly over us, and then it seemed to slow again. It was not a disappointment, and I was glad that we weren't thrown in the clinker for loitering in an illegal area on a Sat. night.

paul said...

that sounds great! i didn't realize the shuttle was out and about.

priesthood conference was great. i loved elder eyring's talk. i also loved his words at the press conference yesterday.

Mary Ann said...

reason's Y I haven't been on this blog is well I forgot my user name and pass word. Back on line hehehee. Do not compare Tiffany to the DARBY. And if any one of you even tried to take a news paper to her she would chew U up and spit U out. Glad U all liked the pictures of home. Matt I keep catup on hand at all times never know when and if one will need it. Do U still have your flip flops? Better keep a close watch on your shoes. The only Alien I know is Allan , Amy how could U forget about the sciencetific encounter. AJ I will never set beside U ever again at Disney World and Allan you are the only encounter that God sent here to earth, I will have too have a talk with Him when I get there. All Risenmays had better not have a news paper in your hand when you pass through the vail because mom and darby will be there waiting for you all. Yep there will probably be a few moreLBLBLBLB's befor I leave this earth, I'm a thorobreed with class. hahahaha
Did U all see the shuttle in Oragon? I miss it everytime. U lucky dogs. Yep Amy I get to go back to NM to be with Matt and Angela, I am so excited and have cryed for day's just thinking about the trip. Happy tears. I wish U were too. Allan go read a science book ok.