Todd's team is playing Sisters (wherever that is) this weekend, and the winner goes to Eugene for the State championship of AAA. Sisters and Ontario are both undefeated, and they are saying that this game is the real championship game. Sisters is composed of a bunch of tough farm boys, but so is Ontario, so it should be exciting. The game will be played on a mutual field, probably in Salem or Portland. Hopefully, we will be able to get a radio broadcast. If they win, we may be taking a little trip to Eugene.
Yeah, how about that game. Never a dull contest between the Cougs and the Utes.
And Todd... this is so exciting! Help us know what radio broadcast is picking it up... perhaps it is on the internet somewhere, somehow?? Otherwise, we will be counting on the stellar reporting capabilities of Rawl Street to keep us posted.
Sounds like a fun match up. What a great season you've had! Any chance they'd delay the game until New Year's week??
We'll be thinking of you, Toddus!
What happens with the JV team, Farcles? I know your season has been great, too...
Thanksgiving report: Mon: Paul and his two roomies arrive, wiped out from tests and drive-slept in most of the next day. Tues: Mostly a recovery day. Plans? Paul, two friends, AJ, and eight missionaries for Thanksgiving dinner. Went shopping. Val and I decided we had better get two turkeys if we are gong to have any leftovers. Bought a ham too. Spuds, veggies, cranberries, and Jello (this is going to be a Mormon Thanksgiving after all.) Paul’s roommate Adam worked all day on a paper he had to send in. Wed: Help started arriving due to Val’s cry of distress at RS. Pumpkin, pecan, cherry cheese cake, lemon meringue, peach pies. Fudge and brownies. Some wonderful Southern sausage dressing from our neighbors. Lots of help when they heard of all of the missionaries. They didn’t know that AJ and Farcles would eat most of the pies and fudge. Moved tables, Added leaf. Accumulated chairs. Yes, we can handle 16. AJ and Chelsea arrived very after he had to take a test Wed. afternoon. Can you believe a jerk prof. would do that? Firebird “check engine: light on, Sound familiar Paul? They had icy road and snow on passes. Thurs: Val and I up early. Turkey, ham cooking. Rolls raising, Boys sleeping due to Matt’s late drive and a late game of Dalmuti (or whatever). I can’t play because it tends to get just a little loud. Mostly ready around noon. All missionaries came. Really terrific, humble, grateful young men. Paul dressed up like a preacher in a black suit and black T-shirt, and we told the missionaries he was a youth minister at a local church. Paul had us hold hands during the prayer. He asked questions about the difference between temples and regular churches. Missionaries gave sincere answers, although some were getting suspicious. (family pictures on the wall.) So I asked why we had beautiful buildings and their church looked like a warehouse. “It looks like you could get your oil changed there.” Lots of wide eyes on eight missionaries. We started laughing and the jig was up. Lots of food. Happy Birthday cake for AJ, as though we didn’t have enough pastry. Turkey bowl, soccer after dinner, Big group because of some liberal “White Book” interpretation. Lots of dishes, pots and pans. Paul and roomies had to leave late that night. Glad they were able to be there since Mon., however. Fr: Recovery day. Definitely no Black Friday shopping for us, although Chelsea and her mother evidently left for Boise at 1:00 AM. AJ chose not to go with them. I was never much of a shopper, but that sounds a little crazy to me! Boys: late night video gaming. Sat: Todd left 6:30 AM for football game. Noon? BYU/USU on one TV. (Paul had seats on third row, and Val saw him on every fan shot.) Oregon on another TV, at least for a while, until AJ gave up. Ontario game on radio. All of this at the same time. It was a little crazy. Lots of whooping and shouting and jumping around at the end of the BYU game. Paul and friends I’m sure were part of the post-game field rush. Sun: Todd made it home late after eight hours on bus. Still made it to Sac. Mtg., although he bailed out of other meetings. AJ and Chelsea had to leave early. French toast for breakfast. Tried to make “filled french toast” after hearing about Steven Frandsen’s. I went into a diabetic coma looking at it. Mon. AM: Can’t sleep. Couple of wonderful weeks without seizures, but my brain is not on a very cooperative schedule. Val is getting up at 5:30 (she plans) to start an old lady exercise group. Five plan to come-all of them nonmembers. It will be at the church. Kind of cool, I think.
Some of the timing on this report may be a little mixed up (I have my excuses), but we had a wonderful time.
Californians, enjoy your weather and nasty overcrowded highways. It is 20 degrees, roads are covered with ice, and foggy and nasty outside. Cars are inching around just trying to stay on the road.
My heart warms every time I come to this blog and see Max Hall rolling out of the pocket.
Dad, I don't want to have to type in "yeuqf" after I finish writing this comment, but I will have to in order to get my comment to appear. It can be turned off.
Yeah, I wrote a lengthy comment last night, hit return, only to check back later and realize that my comment hadn't posted b/c I forgot to type in those nonsensical letters. Frustrating, and I was too tired to type my message again.
And now I forget what I said.
Other than thank you for the Thanksgiving week update. I felt included and *loved*!
Any last thoughts from Toddus about the upcoming Sisters game?? How is your team preparing? We'll be thinking of you!
I'm still laughing about Paul being a youth minister. Really, now...
Still eating leftovers??
I talked to Grandma tonight, and it sounds like she will be in Boise during New Years visiting Becky and Chad with Dave and Diane. I say we look into having her come up for an evening/night/day or whatever we can get her for, or/and getting together with the other Risenmays??!? It sounds like Jon and Rachel and their spouses have moved to Boise, too?!
we just had a pep assembly at school today because the football team is leaving early tomorrow morning to get to wherever the blblblbl they're playing. The only way that we get to listen to the game is through a local radio station. I'm going to be riding up in a fan bus early saturday morning. everybody has to pay 10 dollars and we take two school busses up to the game. it will be grand. if we win we will be playing for the championship in autzen stadium.
Todd was able to skip school Friday because of the game with Sisters (it is a little town next to Bend) and they left about 6:00 so they could get there and work out. Marc left this AM at 4:00 AM on one of the three "spirit buses." They will both get back really late (or early tomorrow, I guess.) I am kind of worried because they are predicting snow in the Cascades, which they are going to have to cross. I know the bus drivers are experienced with snow driving, and that the roads should be cleared and deiced, but I will sure be glad to get them back. You know how I am: If I don't have something to worry about, I start worrying if I am missing something that I should worry about. They still didn't tell us where the game is actually going to be. It will probably be in the Salem or Portland area. There is really not a neutral spot when you live in this edge of the state. The game will be starting at 1:30, and so I am going to see right now if I can find if it is being broadcast here.
A report on the Ontario/Sisters game from my point of view: We lost, 53-52! And so Ontario doesn't get to go to the State championship. We could only listen on the radio, but there was there was a lot more defense going on than it sounds, There were just a bunch of big plays and big breaks-for both teams. It ended up with Sisters making an 82 pass/sprint for a TD, and then Ontario responding with another TD, with just over a more of a minute to go. Score 53-52. What do you do? Go for a conversion and get the game over, or kick and go into overtime? It was turning into a long game with tired kids, and getting really cold with a stiff wind. Ontario went for the conversion, and just barely missed it. Sad, huh? But both of the teams were really evenly matched, and it could have gone either way so easily. Both teams had been undefeated all year. Ontario can't feel bad about how they played, but I am sure thee are disappointed kids. Don/t try to figure the math that goes into a 53-52 game. Lots of TDs, field goals, missed field goals, conversions. Not one interception. There were seven lead changes. And so--Todd and Farkles are going to have long rides home. (Their "neutral field" was a town I can't remember, but it was only about 20-30 miles from Eugene.)
I am excited what this experience will do for both Todd and Marc next year. What will your dedication level be when you train in the offseason? Will you be studying the game any differently? Is anyone excited for the LV Bowl?
Sad loss, boys. So close, and a loss you can be proud of. Next year will exciting, too. And I know Todd will be studying a lot of things differently in preparation for next season... :)
I'm excited for the LV Bowl! We're still figuring out if we'll be staying the night Fri or Sat. One of the two...
So, Paul and AJ, you smarty-pants scholars who are taking all of these chemistry classes: Why does an electron keep going around the nucleus of an atom? Why doesn't it run out of energy and eventually crash into the nucleus? And don't give me any of that quantum mechanics baloney. I am strictly a Newtonian kind of guy, because if space and time curve, wouldn't they run into each other eventually and then there would be a complete annihilation of the universe? Or does that mean that there is an edge to the universe, which nothing could exist outside of the universe, and how can there be nothing? Even nothing is something. And did Einstein come up with E=MCsquared mathematically, or did he just use the speed of light because it was a convenient big number? That equation just seems way to simple to describe the amount of energy that mass is composed of. And while you are at it, help me with this one: I am kind of scared of entropy. It is keeping me awake at nights.
the disneyland trip is at the start of spring break, so there are a goood 5 days before school starts again. At least that will be an enjoyable vacation. I am just starting my first chemestry class so I won't even pretend to understand what you said.
Quantum physics is here to stay for a while. Newtonian physics just don't work at the molecular-atomic level, which means that it isn't the truth (at least not the whole truth), but it does work.
Einstein had what I like to refer to as "physics empathy". He understood and could explain the physical universe much better than any of his peers and made great contributions. E=mc^2 is also a good approximation, but like you, I doubt it to be the whole truth of how matter relates to energy.
As far as entropy goes, don't worry about what you can't control.
That is just what I mean about entropy: You can't control it. It is like trying to count dragonflies in our house. Maybe I can use 186,000 as an approximation, and the whole world will believe it, and it would be our little secret.
RISENMAY FAMILY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!!! Amy got me going on this today, and so with the help of Farcles, we drew names for all of you for your "Secret Santa." We will be exchanging gifts New Years Eve, and the limit we set was $20. You may be able to get some really cool after-Christmas sales gifts! I have all of the names you "drew," so give me a call and I will tell you who your recipient will be. I am the only one who knows, and I wrote them down so I remember them, because I already forgot who my secret Santa is (a large-screen TV would be nice), and who I am assigned to. We aren't including cousins in this, because it would be a bit of an expense for a couple of our more prolific families.
I wonder if anyone could hook Farcles up with a picture of his beloved Heather??
I'm excited for our New Years retreat to Oregon! Dad... let's work on when grandma can come... and perhaps getting together with the Boise Risenmay clan. It would be fun.
And my kiddos and I can sleep wherever! Remember... I'll be without Paul so I'll be okay on a twin (or couch, or whatever) and my kiddos and I can all be in a room together. I'm not feeling big and pregnant yet, so I can still sleep just about anywhere!
Shall we plan on our traditional New Years Eve Cafe Rio feast?? mmmmmm....
Cafe Rio? Oh yeah! Forget Christmas, I am looking forward to New Years Eve now. I am working on my Precor so I can be ready for a real feast without too much guilt.
Nice attempt at reverse-psycology, Farcles, but we already know what you want. You don't need to seek out subtle ways of telling us. A new deer hunter game? I can't wait to bag big bucks! Daggummmm!
AJ here Fri night/Sat AM. They were supposed to leave at 1:30, but left at 5 and drove most of the night. He said the passes were fine, but when he got in the flat wastelands they ran into a blizzard with icy roads. Drove 20mph for three hours. He said that semis were pulled off the side of the road, and they would seldom see another car. Luckily they were in the 4-runner with the anti-skid feature. If I had known how bad it was, I would have had a fit (ooh-bad choice of words) but they made it home safely, finally. I thought college was supposed to make you smart. Chelsea's parents were furious at AJ (and a little at us) because they left so late, and kept driving on such dangerous roads. So, AJ is home, the house is in an uproar. Marc especially misses Heatherette at the holiday season. We had Cincinnati chili last night in memory of Maysville-made a double batch and our boys (and their dad) ate it all!
I am sending Secret Santas now. Remember $20 limit, and no new video games.
Deer Hunter does not count under your "video game" exclusion. It is more than just a game. The primary constituents that form the basis and ideals of Deer Hunter surround us and bind us together. Truck. Bucks. Camo. Guns. Strategy. Scat. Confederacy. Really big hunting knives. It is a way of life. It is Marc's destiny.
No indian angel of death, it is for a school commercial so it has to be school appropriate. I've seen it without all of the editing done and I know you will like it. I would give it a rating of PG just for violence
Farcles messed up the blog comment's feature, but because of his computer-savvy father, it has been fixed.
Now, about this "Deer Hunter" video game. What are they going to come up with next? Panda Poacher? Manatee Marauder? How about Bald Eagle Blaster?
A person I know just got a Wee, Wi, WeeWee. whatever you call it. It is the coolest new video innovation. Now you can sit on your butt eating Doritos and play golf. I used to think that golf carts were ridiculous because they prevented that strenuous walk between holes.
AJ told me today that I worry too much. That worried me, because I worry now that there is something to be worried about. But then, it worries me that if I worry too much about something that I should worry about or not be worried about, then I will be not be worried enough, and that being that worried to little worried, and that worries me that it will hurt or relationship. If he worries that I worry too much, then because I worry too much he may give me something to worry about. That worries me.
The local missionary zone asked Val if they could have breakfast at our house today-they were switching companionships. Only 11 were comming. Then two more got snowed in, so you should have seen all of the white shirts at our house today. We had biscuits'ngravy, scrambled eggs, hash browns, fruit and muffins. It was crazy, but a lot of fun. They are so appreciative-mostly, I think of not having to eat their own cooking. They sang a couple of hymns (the worst singers I have ever heard-usually missionaries sing quite well) and left. Two big groups of missionaries in one month. I think all to help prepare us for New Years! Only on New Years, we will have a group of demanding, disobedient, noisy children---not to mention several grandchildren too.
We are planning on Cafe Rio for NY Eve, and chocolate-flavored sugar bombs for every breakfast, and Kraft macaroni and cheese with hot dogs for every other meal.
Hey it's almost a new year! consider this a little timecapsule of how we managed to do nothing on new years eve, proof of this fact: I am blogging on new years eve, while most of the bloggers are in this very house... most of them asleep.
Besides, I just realized that I will be on travel in YOUR state. No missionaries or wife to spend Valentine's with. I will be somewhere in Monterey crying over my root beer.
True that, Matt. To pay someone $$ in order to save $$ would be a little absurd, wouldn't it?
We are sad that Monterey isn't closer to Redlands. It would be sooo nice to see you. I'm also sad I won't be in Monterey with you... it is one of my favorite cities. One of our best vacations was in Monterey. Make sure you go to the aquarium. The beach is beautiful, and I wish we could have spent some more time downtown... looked charming. We also hung out at a wharf for a awhile... really cool place, but I forget the name of it. Enjoy for us.
I know I make a stop through ontario, which I think is fairly close to you, but it is on expressjet and I don't think we even get off the plane. Oh well.
I heard the aquarium is great as well, but I hate to say that I will likely spend a majority of my discretionary time writing my thesis. Lame. Monterey writing thesis.
Have no fear. The boys are working on a new post for Rawl Steet. Todd has a new movie: be prepared to learn the human skeletal structure in a way you have never experienced before.
87 comments:
Todd's team is playing Sisters (wherever that is) this weekend, and the winner goes to Eugene for the State championship of AAA. Sisters and Ontario are both undefeated, and they are saying that this game is the real championship game. Sisters is composed of a bunch of tough farm boys, but so is Ontario, so it should be exciting. The game will be played on a mutual field, probably in Salem or Portland. Hopefully, we will be able to get a radio broadcast.
If they win, we may be taking a little trip to Eugene.
Glad the Rawl Street is back. We've missed you!
Yeah, how about that game. Never a dull contest between the Cougs and the Utes.
And Todd... this is so exciting! Help us know what radio broadcast is picking it up... perhaps it is on the internet somewhere, somehow?? Otherwise, we will be counting on the stellar reporting capabilities of Rawl Street to keep us posted.
Sounds like a fun match up. What a great season you've had! Any chance they'd delay the game until New Year's week??
We'll be thinking of you, Toddus!
What happens with the JV team, Farcles? I know your season has been great, too...
Thanksgiving report:
Mon: Paul and his two roomies arrive, wiped out from tests and drive-slept in most of the next day.
Tues: Mostly a recovery day. Plans? Paul, two friends, AJ, and eight missionaries for Thanksgiving dinner. Went shopping. Val and I decided we had better get two turkeys if we are gong to have any leftovers. Bought a ham too. Spuds, veggies, cranberries, and Jello (this is going to be a Mormon Thanksgiving after all.) Paul’s roommate Adam worked all day on a paper he had to send in.
Wed: Help started arriving due to Val’s cry of distress at RS. Pumpkin, pecan, cherry cheese cake, lemon meringue, peach pies. Fudge and brownies. Some wonderful Southern sausage dressing from our neighbors. Lots of help when they heard of all of the missionaries. They didn’t know that AJ and Farcles would eat most of the pies and fudge. Moved tables, Added leaf. Accumulated chairs. Yes, we can handle 16.
AJ and Chelsea arrived very after he had to take a test Wed. afternoon. Can you believe a jerk prof. would do that? Firebird “check engine: light on, Sound familiar Paul? They had icy road and snow on passes.
Thurs: Val and I up early. Turkey, ham cooking. Rolls raising, Boys sleeping due to Matt’s late drive and a late game of Dalmuti (or whatever). I can’t play because it tends to get just a little loud. Mostly ready around noon. All missionaries came. Really terrific, humble, grateful young men. Paul dressed up like a preacher in a black suit and black T-shirt, and we told the missionaries he was a youth minister at a local church. Paul had us hold hands during the prayer. He asked questions about the difference between temples and regular churches. Missionaries gave sincere answers, although some were getting suspicious. (family pictures on the wall.) So I asked why we had beautiful buildings and their church looked like a warehouse. “It looks like you could get your oil changed there.” Lots of wide eyes on eight missionaries. We started laughing and the jig was up. Lots of food. Happy Birthday cake for AJ, as though we didn’t have enough pastry. Turkey bowl, soccer after dinner, Big group because of some liberal “White Book” interpretation. Lots of dishes, pots and pans. Paul and roomies had to leave late that night. Glad they were able to be there since Mon., however.
Fr: Recovery day. Definitely no Black Friday shopping for us, although Chelsea and her mother evidently left for Boise at 1:00 AM. AJ chose not to go with them. I was never much of a shopper, but that sounds a little crazy to me! Boys: late night video gaming.
Sat: Todd left 6:30 AM for football game. Noon? BYU/USU on one TV. (Paul had seats on third row, and Val saw him on every fan shot.) Oregon on another TV, at least for a while, until AJ gave up. Ontario game on radio. All of this at the same time. It was a little crazy. Lots of whooping and shouting and jumping around at the end of the BYU game. Paul and friends I’m sure were part of the post-game field rush.
Sun: Todd made it home late after eight hours on bus. Still made it to Sac. Mtg., although he bailed out of other meetings. AJ and Chelsea had to leave early. French toast for breakfast. Tried to make “filled french toast” after hearing about Steven Frandsen’s. I went into a diabetic coma looking at it.
Mon. AM: Can’t sleep. Couple of wonderful weeks without seizures, but my brain is not on a very cooperative schedule. Val is getting up at 5:30 (she plans) to start an old lady exercise group. Five plan to come-all of them nonmembers. It will be at the church. Kind of cool, I think.
Some of the timing on this report may be a little mixed up (I have my excuses), but we had a wonderful time.
Sweet summary, Dad. I like the oil-change line.
I agree, good summary. You forgot to add that marc drove paul "Squall" though
Californians, enjoy your weather and nasty overcrowded highways. It is 20 degrees, roads are covered with ice, and foggy and nasty outside. Cars are inching around just trying to stay on the road.
Can we get rid of this darned word verification????
huh? explain, please
My heart warms every time I come to this blog and see Max Hall rolling out of the pocket.
Dad, I don't want to have to type in "yeuqf" after I finish writing this comment, but I will have to in order to get my comment to appear. It can be turned off.
Yeah, I wrote a lengthy comment last night, hit return, only to check back later and realize that my comment hadn't posted b/c I forgot to type in those nonsensical letters. Frustrating, and I was too tired to type my message again.
And now I forget what I said.
Other than thank you for the Thanksgiving week update. I felt included and *loved*!
I think I stopped the verification. Would you feel more comfortable if we used only "registered users" for when you post pictures?
Good job, dad. You done it.
Any last thoughts from Toddus about the upcoming Sisters game?? How is your team preparing? We'll be thinking of you!
I'm still laughing about Paul being a youth minister. Really, now...
Still eating leftovers??
I talked to Grandma tonight, and it sounds like she will be in Boise during New Years visiting Becky and Chad with Dave and Diane. I say we look into having her come up for an evening/night/day or whatever we can get her for, or/and getting together with the other Risenmays??!? It sounds like Jon and Rachel and their spouses have moved to Boise, too?!
Only if they are willing to watch the new years bowl games.
Or play a basketball game at a local church-house.
we just had a pep assembly at school today because the football team is leaving early tomorrow morning to get to wherever the blblblbl they're playing. The only way that we get to listen to the game is through a local radio station.
I'm going to be riding up in a fan bus early saturday morning. everybody has to pay 10 dollars and we take two school busses up to the game. it will be grand. if we win we will be playing for the championship in autzen stadium.
oh yes.
Farcs... cheer hard enough for all 5 1/2 of us Frandsens.
Todd... we love you and hope it is a wonderful experience. Beat the Sisters!
Rock the house, guys. This is a moment..... FOR GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!
Todd was able to skip school Friday because of the game with Sisters (it is a little town next to Bend) and they left about 6:00 so they could get there and work out. Marc left this AM at 4:00 AM on one of the three "spirit buses." They will both get back really late (or early tomorrow, I guess.) I am kind of worried because they are predicting snow in the Cascades, which they are going to have to cross. I know the bus drivers are experienced with snow driving, and that the roads should be cleared and deiced, but I will sure be glad to get them back. You know how I am: If I don't have something to worry about, I start worrying if I am missing something that I should worry about.
They still didn't tell us where the game is actually going to be. It will probably be in the Salem or Portland area. There is really not a neutral spot when you live in this edge of the state.
The game will be starting at 1:30, and so I am going to see right now if I can find if it is being broadcast here.
A report on the Ontario/Sisters game from my point of view: We lost, 53-52! And so Ontario doesn't get to go to the State championship. We could only listen on the radio, but there was there was a lot more defense going on than it sounds, There were just a bunch of big plays and big breaks-for both teams. It ended up with Sisters making an 82 pass/sprint for a TD, and then Ontario responding with another TD, with just over a more of a minute to go. Score 53-52. What do you do? Go for a conversion and get the game over, or kick and go into overtime? It was turning into a long game with tired kids, and getting really cold with a stiff wind. Ontario went for the conversion, and just barely missed it. Sad, huh? But both of the teams were really evenly matched, and it could have gone either way so easily. Both teams had been undefeated all year. Ontario can't feel bad about how they played, but I am sure thee are disappointed kids.
Don/t try to figure the math that goes into a 53-52 game. Lots of TDs, field goals, missed field goals, conversions. Not one interception. There were seven lead changes.
And so--Todd and Farkles are going to have long rides home. (Their "neutral field" was a town I can't remember, but it was only about 20-30 miles from Eugene.)
A hard-fought loss. Sounds almost epic.
I am excited what this experience will do for both Todd and Marc next year. What will your dedication level be when you train in the offseason? Will you be studying the game any differently? Is anyone excited for the LV Bowl?
Sad loss, boys. So close, and a loss you can be proud of. Next year will exciting, too. And I know Todd will be studying a lot of things differently in preparation for next season... :)
I'm excited for the LV Bowl! We're still figuring out if we'll be staying the night Fri or Sat. One of the two...
Our christmas break doesn't start until the 21st! And school starts on the 3rd! we don't even have two full weeks of christmas break! I am outraged!
I'm outraged as well.
Just as long as you get a good spring break in which to come to California. Or will your Disney competition be during regular school time??
Regardless... we'll have to make the most of the time in Ontario. Thanks for the heads up!
So, Paul and AJ, you smarty-pants scholars who are taking all of these chemistry classes:
Why does an electron keep going around the nucleus of an atom? Why doesn't it run out of energy and eventually crash into the nucleus?
And don't give me any of that quantum mechanics baloney. I am strictly a Newtonian kind of guy, because if space and time curve, wouldn't they run into each other eventually and then there would be a complete annihilation of the universe? Or does that mean that there is an edge to the universe, which nothing could exist outside of the universe, and how can there be nothing? Even nothing is something.
And did Einstein come up with E=MCsquared mathematically, or did he just use the speed of light because it was a convenient big number? That equation just seems way to simple to describe the amount of energy that mass is composed of.
And while you are at it, help me with this one: I am kind of scared of entropy. It is keeping me awake at nights.
the disneyland trip is at the start of spring break, so there are a goood 5 days before school starts again. At least that will be an enjoyable vacation.
I am just starting my first chemestry class so I won't even pretend to understand what you said.
Dad,
Quantum physics is here to stay for a while. Newtonian physics just don't work at the molecular-atomic level, which means that it isn't the truth (at least not the whole truth), but it does work.
Einstein had what I like to refer to as "physics empathy". He understood and could explain the physical universe much better than any of his peers and made great contributions. E=mc^2 is also a good approximation, but like you, I doubt it to be the whole truth of how matter relates to energy.
As far as entropy goes, don't worry about what you can't control.
That is just what I mean about entropy: You can't control it. It is like trying to count dragonflies in our house. Maybe I can use 186,000 as an approximation, and the whole world will believe it, and it would be our little secret.
RISENMAY FAMILY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!!!
Amy got me going on this today, and so with the help of Farcles, we drew names for all of you for your "Secret Santa." We will be exchanging gifts New Years Eve, and the limit we set was $20. You may be able to get some really cool after-Christmas sales gifts! I have all of the names you "drew," so give me a call and I will tell you who your recipient will be. I am the only one who knows, and I wrote them down so I remember them, because I already forgot who my secret Santa is (a large-screen TV would be nice), and who I am assigned to.
We aren't including cousins in this, because it would be a bit of an expense for a couple of our more prolific families.
Who drew my name?
whoever draws my name, please don't get me another deer hunter game.
I wonder if anyone could hook Farcles up with a picture of his beloved Heather??
I'm excited for our New Years retreat to Oregon! Dad... let's work on when grandma can come... and perhaps getting together with the Boise Risenmay clan. It would be fun.
And my kiddos and I can sleep wherever! Remember... I'll be without Paul so I'll be okay on a twin (or couch, or whatever) and my kiddos and I can all be in a room together. I'm not feeling big and pregnant yet, so I can still sleep just about anywhere!
Shall we plan on our traditional New Years Eve Cafe Rio feast?? mmmmmm....
I hope I get Farcles for secret santa. They just came out with a sweet new Deer Hunter game.
Cafe Rio? Oh yeah!
Forget Christmas, I am looking forward to New Years Eve now. I am working on my Precor so I can be ready for a real feast without too much guilt.
Nice attempt at reverse-psycology, Farcles, but we already know what you want. You don't need to seek out subtle ways of telling us. A new deer hunter game? I can't wait to bag big bucks! Daggummmm!
thanksgiving sounded like a lot of fun...
curses, my plan has been foiled. All these years I have loved the deer hunter games and pretended not to.
AJ here Fri night/Sat AM. They were supposed to leave at 1:30, but left at 5 and drove most of the night. He said the passes were fine, but when he got in the flat wastelands they ran into a blizzard with icy roads. Drove 20mph for three hours. He said that semis were pulled off the side of the road, and they would seldom see another car. Luckily they were in the 4-runner with the anti-skid feature. If I had known how bad it was, I would have had a fit (ooh-bad choice of words) but they made it home safely, finally. I thought college was supposed to make you smart. Chelsea's parents were furious at AJ (and a little at us) because they left so late, and kept driving on such dangerous roads.
So, AJ is home, the house is in an uproar. Marc especially misses Heatherette at the holiday season. We had Cincinnati chili last night in memory of Maysville-made a double batch and our boys (and their dad) ate it all!
I am sending Secret Santas now. Remember $20 limit, and no new video games.
Dad,
Deer Hunter does not count under your "video game" exclusion. It is more than just a game. The primary constituents that form the basis and ideals of Deer Hunter surround us and bind us together. Truck. Bucks. Camo. Guns. Strategy. Scat. Confederacy. Really big hunting knives. It is a way of life. It is Marc's destiny.
Cafe Rio!
Why didn't you leave the game in Branson for Eddie Pyper??
AJ... don't be a dimwit. Be careful of roads. Glad you made it safely.
Check out the sweet Stinkle video at www.anjandmatt.blogspot.com
Adwertising on our blog doesn't make sense seeing as everybody who goes to our blog goes to yours too.
New post coming soon, another one of todd's videos.
Please... no Indian Angel of Death...
Perhaps you should post a rating for the video so that we know what we are getting into...
No indian angel of death, it is for a school commercial so it has to be school appropriate. I've seen it without all of the editing done and I know you will like it.
I would give it a rating of PG just for violence
Farcles messed up the blog comment's feature, but because of his computer-savvy father, it has been fixed.
Now, about this "Deer Hunter" video game. What are they going to come up with next? Panda Poacher? Manatee Marauder? How about Bald Eagle Blaster?
A person I know just got a Wee, Wi, WeeWee. whatever you call it. It is the coolest new video innovation. Now you can sit on your butt eating Doritos and play golf. I used to think that golf carts were ridiculous because they prevented that strenuous walk between holes.
Dad I didn't mess up blblbl. Don't just say I messed them up because they were messed up. I didn't touch it.
Fight, fight, fight, fight!!!!!!!
AJ told me today that I worry too much. That worried me, because I worry now that there is something to be worried about. But then, it worries me that if I worry too much about something that I should worry about or not be worried about, then I will be not be worried enough, and that being that worried to little worried, and that worries me that it will hurt or relationship. If he worries that I worry too much, then because I worry too much he may give me something to worry about. That worries me.
Don't worry, be happy.
A.J., I'll give you something to worry about. The pain train is coming, woman.
bring it you pansy
Dad... you worry because you care.
Farcles,
I wasn't talking to you. Don't get mixed up in this. You're a good egg.... but you fight like a woman.
The local missionary zone asked Val if they could have breakfast at our house today-they were switching companionships. Only 11 were comming. Then two more got snowed in, so you should have seen all of the white shirts at our house today. We had biscuits'ngravy, scrambled eggs, hash browns, fruit and muffins. It was crazy, but a lot of fun. They are so appreciative-mostly, I think of not having to eat their own cooking.
They sang a couple of hymns (the worst singers I have ever heard-usually missionaries sing quite well) and left.
Two big groups of missionaries in one month. I think all to help prepare us for New Years! Only on New Years, we will have a group of demanding, disobedient, noisy children---not to mention several grandchildren too.
Should I give you my overly-demanding list of food and entertainment I want now, or when I show up?
We are planning on Cafe Rio for NY Eve, and chocolate-flavored sugar bombs for every breakfast, and Kraft macaroni and cheese with hot dogs for every other meal.
Hey it's almost a new year!
consider this a little timecapsule of how we managed to do nothing on new years eve, proof of this fact: I am blogging on new years eve, while most of the bloggers are in this very house... most of them asleep.
Looks like I will have to find some ABQ extras to finish my video. You guys are pinheads.
And windbags.
:)
:>)
;)
:(
{:{
lol
jk
rofl
g2g
ttfn
biac
just to spice things up.
Spice, huh?
What is rofl??
And where is everyone? Hello? Hello?? You know the BYU/UofU game has been over for a while...
Love you all.
I have been spending all of my time looking at the zillion pictures of the Frandsen Christmas.
How 'bout a political discussion?
Matt what is your take on Rudolf Guliani?
rofl means rolling on the floor laughing
Giuliani is a goner. Great strategy by the way, Rudy.
Why is McCain so popular with Republicans? Didn't the nation scream and shoot down his immigration bill a few months ago?
Matt, the attempt at a political debate was futile, but respectable. maybe a new post would shake things up.
I can't even keep my own blog up to date!
You will have to make the new post, my brother.
Yeah... can we get something new here this year, already??
???????????
Anyone have big Valentine's Day plans???
???
Tell me some news, or something...
I'm scheduled to do splits with the missionaries for Valentines evening. I need to talk with whoever assigned me that date...
Hmmmm... aren't you the one who celebrated V-day the day after V-day for discounted flowers and no waits at the restaurants a few years back??
Perhaps you paid off the ward mission leader?? Should work out nicely, I'd say...
A few years back I had no money. I still hate lines, though. But suggesting I paid someone off!!!???
Absurd!
Insulting, even!
Besides, I just realized that I will be on travel in YOUR state. No missionaries or wife to spend Valentine's with. I will be somewhere in Monterey crying over my root beer.
True that, Matt. To pay someone $$ in order to save $$ would be a little absurd, wouldn't it?
We are sad that Monterey isn't closer to Redlands. It would be sooo nice to see you. I'm also sad I won't be in Monterey with you... it is one of my favorite cities. One of our best vacations was in Monterey. Make sure you go to the aquarium. The beach is beautiful, and I wish we could have spent some more time downtown... looked charming. We also hung out at a wharf for a awhile... really cool place, but I forget the name of it. Enjoy for us.
I know I make a stop through ontario, which I think is fairly close to you, but it is on expressjet and I don't think we even get off the plane. Oh well.
I heard the aquarium is great as well, but I hate to say that I will likely spend a majority of my discretionary time writing my thesis. Lame. Monterey writing thesis.
Ontario airport somewhere near L.A. that is. Wish it were Ontario, OR.
Wasn't that thing supposed to be written around Christmastime??
Too bad you don't have some time to catch some lunch or something when you are in Ontario... it is just about 20 min from us. Humph.
You should take your thesis stuff to the beach. Good setting for inspiration.
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! We love you all so much!!
Does anyone have a good Valentine's Day experience to post on this here blog??
We got a really cool package from loved ones in California, with a signature by Michael!
Have no fear. The boys are working on a new post for Rawl Steet. Todd has a new movie: be prepared to learn the human skeletal structure in a way you have never experienced before.
Oh, good. I was wondering if you all had stopped checking your own blog!
I'll look forward to that one... !
Let's see the new post.
Dad, what happened to the picture of Grandpa with Brinlee?
sorry about the wait but the finished product is still being graded by Todd's health teacher.
Post a Comment