Friday, April 4, 2008

Pictures

PICTURES!


Todd tried to hold the banana out of the picture.



Thought this would be worth posting for those that Farcs didn't send the pictures to. Looks like the photographer excluded the shoes on purpose, Farcs.

27 comments:

Matt said...

Did you have a big crowd???

Amy F said...

I must say, you make sweatpants look good.

Never thought I'd say that to anyone.

Dashing picture, Farcs.

And how is it that Todd got out of this?? It is still a mystery to me for what purpose you were there. Competition? What kind? Orchestra and choir? Whatinthe???

Amy F said...

And Matt... your avatar??

farcles said...

I got some sweet pictures from Brady.
Todd just happened to get a sore throat before we performed so he didn't have to sing. I wish you could see the shoes.
it is just as the sign shows the magic music days. we didn't compete with anyone.

farcles said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY amy and paul!!

Amy F said...

Thanks Farcs.

Doth my eyes deceive me?? Do these pictures along with light commentary begin to resemble a post updating far away fans on the happenings of the Risenmay boys?? Oh, rapture!

Thanks for more pictures... it looks like you guys had so much fun! Magic music days, indeed. Wish we could have been there to hear such magical melodies.

And see the shoes.

And Todd... you'll always wonder what might have been if you had made your Disney singing debut. Too bad for the sore throat.

Love you guys! Come back to California soon!!

farcles said...

Todd is the new senior class treasurer! Horay!
Amy I'm sure you would have loved the magical melodies, and I would have loved to see you there too. It would seem that paul's call to the beach worked on us.
Matt we did not have a big croud. just the casual passerby would stop and listen and a few people took seats.

Amy F said...

Congratulations, Toddus!! Toddus the Treasurer... has a mighty nice ring to it, I'd say...

And Paul's call to the beach was to come boogie board with him... so the call is probably still ringing in your ears, even haunting your dreams. "Come to California... again."

... I would've taken a seat on the front row. Too bad you don't have any video of those magical melodies.

Matt said...

I heard and answered Paul's call to the beach.

I was just in Cali (Monterey-Carmel), and I tried something a little off with the waves. Anyone tried sea kayak surfing? That's right. Get a kayak, catch a wave (sitting down of course), and try not to get rolled under.

So much fun.

Amy F said...

Answering Paul's Call must include Paul. Your answer was invalid. Must try again.

Although I salivate when I see "Monterey-Carmel"... sounds so nice right now...

Matt said...

I am the only one of the kiddos apparently that never learned how to play one of the classical instruments... except maybe Todd. Did you ever get lessons on a Viola, Violin or Cello, Todd?

At least we picked up the guitar.

farcles said...

Toddus played the cello poorly, but still played it. did amy play a classical instrument.

Matt said...

Amy played the Viola for a year. Looks like I'm the dummy...

Allan said...

I played the trombone. Not quite as good as Labomba, but I was first chair for two years. How is that for nerdiness? But I still can play the piano. My left hand cast helps me practice the right hand parts, which are usually the most difficult.
By the way, I hid the squeezebox. It will take a lot of persuasion to let you know where it is. Any thing resembling an accordion belongs in a landfill.
You forgot to mention AJ on the cello. He was great in HS and took a class in college which was almost a private teacher. I would love to hear him play. If I learned a stringed instrument, it would definitely be the cello.
Amy. Take some piano lessons.

Amy F said...

Who, me? I should take lessons sometime and improve my skills on the piano. I can get a song if I work on it, and am not too bad at sight reading--very slowly. Perhaps I'll practice along with my kiddos once they get to a certain level...

I'd love to hear AJ play too. Problem is... you just don't see cellos hanging around to pick up and play a little ditty.

What's a squeezebox?

And Matt... thanks to mom and dad's appreciation for music, our music education we got at home is more than most kids grow up with. Thanks again, mom and dad, for exposing us to great music.

Beetles rock.

Allan said...

I heard that they basically closed down California Adventure as the Ontario Musical Elite performed. A DVD of the event is in the works.
We are proud of Todd and Marc and their musical accomplishments. Marc has especially made an important effort because the Ontario HS orchestra has so little support that they keep threatening to discontinue it. But how can they stop, considering Marc's expertise?
Todd? A great garage band with unlimited possibilities! Also he spends a lot of his spare time with some great kids that share his values. And he is lead guitar/singer with some great audience interaction skills.

Amy: Beetles? An insect!!

THE Beatles: Rolling Stone (2004) voted The Beatles #1 on its list of "100 Greatest Artists of All Time."

Best song: "Let it Be.," The first time I heard it was on the radio that I always played in the barn as I was milking cows. I didn't think The Beatles needed to ever release another song.

However, my favorite may have to change all too soon to be "When I'm Sixty Four." Sixty-four once seemed so far away.....

Amy F said...

Oh, I regret my insulting misspelling profusely. So sorry. Really, I am.

Dad... you should have watched Beatles night on American Idol. How did you miss that one??

farcles said...

Dad Todd and I have never and will never see an episode of american idol. ever.
guess what we did in Japanese class today, we watched the cigar store indian episode of steinfeld (pronouncing the "t"). It was supposed to be a lesson on tolerance or something.
I love the beatles.
Squeezebox [skweez-boks] noun; a portable wind instrument having a bellows for forcing air through small metal reeds, a keyboard for the right hand, and buttons for sounding single bass notes or chords for the left hand.

Amy F said...

Thanks for the enlightenment, Farcs.

For an enlightening experience, watch American Idol. Two Mormons in the top 5?? Not too shabby...

Amy F said...

Wholesome, even...

Amy F said...

Praiseworthy??

Amy F said...

... and of good report.

Allan said...

Beatles night on American Idol?
You have all seen me gag before.

Matt said...

No, but I think I've seen you wrghhg... wrrrreeeghhh... WREEEEEEEEETCH!!!!!!

Allan said...

Guess what I did yesterday? I mowed the back yard! However, I also mowed off the top of a sprinkler head that had not descended, and as I was mowing some tall grass in our gravel patch, I managed to mow a hidden inner tube. It took me over an hour, a knife, pliers, and several "farm words" to get the rubber tube untangled from the two blades.
It was my first day with my brace off, and today I have it back on, because it hurts like crazy. I know I did two stupid things yesterday. I hope I didn't to three.

Matt said...

Did you wear your straw hat, Dad?

MBLI said...

Farcles,
You look like a real son-of-a-buck in your pictures. Well, g2g, ttyl, brb
tootles