Monday, June 11, 2007

Ready for a new Rawl Street Journal post? I am.
This one needs to concentrate on some pictures.
Send them to Farcles email, and he will add them to this post.

17 comments:

Allan said...

I guess it doesn't work that way. Can you edit the post and add new pictures and movies, or does each addition require a new post?

Amy F said...

And here I thought the last post was shooting for 100.

You can edit posts... but new ones are always nice.

Making a CD of the pics for everyone is still on my to-do list. Boy, it is just too long, I guess. Stay tuned...

Glad you enjoyed 24 season 1. When Paul and I started the craze, we were given season 2 by some friends. So we ended up watching season 1 after that, and the "never trust a woman" surprise was already known to us. It was interesting to see how it all unfolded, though... knowing the end result.

And here's a cliffhanger... the seasons only get better!!!!!

paul said...

i googled, "rawl street journal" and you all came up #1! truly one of a kind.

Allan said...

I have just watched two episodes today. I know that we have to turn in DVDs soon, but I was getting as bad as the boys with video games.
My shoulder was really hurting today, and Val suggested I take a nice hot bath. I tried. How does Paul do it? I lay there 10 minutes, and realized that all I was doing was laying in dirty water. How does he read without getting the pages wet? It did help my shoulder, though.
Now , for 24: How many times can you say "Just stay still, We are getting help for you. I promise you will be okay?"
Also, does it make sense to say: "I promise that I will never lie to you again." Wouldn't it make more sense to say: "I promise that I wil never always never not always lie to you?"

Allan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allan said...

We have gone onto 24 overload. Right now, Todd, Farcles, and Jordon are shooting each other with pellet guns:
Farcles-dressed with an old suit jacket. He is some kind of anti-terrorist specialist.
Jordon-In an old trench coat. He is a field agent.
Todd-dressed in attempted camo outfit. He, of course is the terrorist. The agents have walky-talkis, of course

No one is claiming to be Jack Bauer (sp?): Not one of them can shoot every known make and model of firearm, work every computer program presented to him, parachute, fly an airplane, use karate moves that do anything from disarm firearms to break wrists, or disarm bombs. Not one of them can call the President of the US night and day on cell phones that never fade out. So far, I have not seen them betrayed by every good looking woman (usually blonde) they come in contact with, but time will tell.

Amy F said...

So dad... do you like 24 or not??

Allan said...

It is 12:17 AM, and I just finished second season, disk #5. Answer your question?

Amy F said...

With all its flaws and the need to suspend reality... 24 is a great show. True, the character of Jack Bauer encompasses all the strengths of any field agent ever made, and technology is unrealistically flawless. But it is truly entertaining. Just remember the need to suspend reality.

When we were watching it this season, the 10'oclock news would come on right after each episode. Often the headliners were about the war in Iraq, torture in other countries, and political shenanigans. Perhaps parts of 24 are not so far-fetched.

Matt said...

You would be surprised how well-trained field agents can be. They are recruited for superior talents. Good ones are highly intelligent and capable, but after cheating death no less than 1,547 times, thier luck usually wears out.

Allan said...

What is the body count?

Matt said...

What a lame NBA post-season...

I am going to start counting down till Sept. 1st.

farcles said...

SEND PICTURES!!!!! to ME

Allan said...

What do you think is the higher number: the Jack Bauer total body count, or, the number of dragonflies Mom has in the house?

Amy F said...

If you are talking about the dragonfly decorations around the house, the winner would definitely be Jack. But if you include the dragonflies in the fabric of mom's CLOTHES in the total count... mom would win hands down.

But who's counting??

Mary Ann said...

Am I the only one in the fam that has never seen 24, nor even know what it is about. I have been trying to find the gyspie show since I came home because Val got me hooked and have not found it nor remember the name of the show and I don't know what has happened since I was out there :( This is sad sad sad. If it is not boxing, RDF TV farm show and FOX New's I don't get to watch the tv when Wes is home because these are his shows and he controls the REMOTE .

Mary Ann said...

PS Amy, thanks for the phone call from Michael, It was sooooo cool to answer the phone and hear his voice and hear him talk so much to me , it made my day and was way too fun to listen to him . I miss U tons.